Jul 1 2021
Is An Electric Vehicle Worth Considering in 2021?
Since 2018, the proportion of Australians that would consider buying an electric vehicle has been around 50% according to the Electric Vehicle Council.
It is no secret that the adoption of electric vehicles in Australia has been a slow one. Partly due to their high price tags, the lack of models available and incentives or tax breaks for EV owners. More and more EV models are being released in Australia though. With brands such as Ford, Lexus and Mazda all set to release new EV models during 2021. The full list of electric vehicles available in Australia can be found here on the Electric Vehicle Councils website.
Owning an electric vehicle is no longer a novelty, but rather quickly becoming the norm in many countries.
As more car makers bring electric vehicles to mass market and more consumers choose to buy an EV, the price tags attached become more affordable.
Long gone are the days where you expect a six-figure price tag attached to an EV. In fact, there are a few models available today coming in at under $50,000. Including the Nissan Leaf from $49,990; the MG ZS EV from $43,990; and the Hyundai Ioniq Electric from $48,970.
There are many benefits to owning an electric vehicle including:
Reducing running costs
- The cost to charge an electric vehicle compared with filling up a petrol or diesel car is slightly cheaper.
- Servicing costs are also reduced due to the electric vehicles having fewer moving parts that do not wear out as easily over time. Servicing intervals are also longer, generally at 12 months or 15,000kms.
- The manufacturing processes and materials that make electric cars are generally sourced in a more environmental manner than their petrol counterparts.
- More, when running an EV, in terms of recharging and driving, carbon dioxide emissions are significantly reduced in comparison to petrol and diesel cars.
- Find the top three most sustainable cars for 2021 here.
Electric is the future of motoring, with two thirds of Australians expected to have an electric car within the next 10 years.
If you are interested in learning more about novating an electric vehicle talk to our novated leasing experts today on 1800 501 703, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.